My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Making Maps for the GOV

I made the mistake of putting the words "Russian vintage" into a search on eBay. It has opened up a whole world of new things to covet, but I've been fairly good at not spending my money. However, I saw this bag and knew I had to have it. It's a Russian officer's map carrying case [or a document carrying case; I've seen different descriptions] and I plan to use it as a traveling art kit for all that outdoor and life drawing that I want to be doing with the weather improves. I also plan to take it with me to the Art Institute and do a bit of sketch studying, but I'll have to check on the regulations.

My friend and frequent commisioner, perhaps I should say "patron", Elizabeth, called me this evening about some possible work designing and illustrating a map for the National Historic Site that she works at. I told her I'd have her a proposal by Monday. Still busy working on the site and contemplating an additional freebie item called Map Scraps [et.al.]- a package of bits of map that I haven't any use for but maybe someone might. I wouldn't charge for them; they'd be promotional pieces. If you would like a free Map Scrap Pack let me know!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COOL!! That map book is SO cool. I want one! Or a map case of some kind. One of the old leather ones that you roll up maybe. Ebay is dangerous.

Sunday, May 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home