My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

October Woe

costume1It is almost the end of September, and I’ve no idea what I’m dressing up as for Halloween. This distresses me, but I haven’t really had the time to contemplate a costume. It’s disappointing that Gary is so far away in CO and I can’t get him to paint me up anymore. I don’t think I’ll ever do any better than my Chiana costume 2 or 3 years ago.
 
costume2Gary is a big influence on me for my Halloween/Party costumes. He is always in such fervor for Halloween; it’s infectious. Under his watchful eye, I’ve been an Imp of Missing Things, a Throat-Slit Bride, Chiana from FarScape, a Victim, and She-Ra, Princess of Power. My attempt last year at Violet from Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events was less than adequate. The costumes are always super low budget. I use a lot of hot glue, cardboard, thrift store clothing, and, in one instance, a mop. It’s great fun to see how accurate you can be using limited materials.
 
Gary has had some really awesome costumes too, including Pyramid Head and The Monarch. I really miss working on our costumes together in our basement studio. He hosts a “Helloween” party each year and really decks his place out. I regret I won’t be able to go this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

should have used the pic i sent to your email!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw you in your Chiana costume!! Its awesome!! Although She-Ra is cool too. There both great!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home