My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Newberry Book Fair Treasures

The Newberry Book Fair is one of the highlights of my year. It's basically Christmas in July for me. There are rooms and rooms filled with books of all kinds. I spend most of my time in the Science Fiction section and the Special Collection room. I also keep an eye out for atlases to scavenge from.

Newberry2There weren't that many atlases this year, unfortunately, but I did get one enormous one! It's about 3 feet high. Buying it made me a temporary celebrity. I was the Girl Buying the Huge Book. The maps in it are also large and so I'm contemplating what to do with them. Large envelopes perhaps... Among my other finds were some old board games including Trivia Pursuit [for $2.00!] and a type style catalog for the Chicago Sun Times. I also picked up a bunch of Stainless Steel Rat books and some other assorted bits and bobs. I ended up spending less than $40.00 and I feel like a winner. I can't wait for next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home