My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Toothsome

booth2And now, I rest. Sort of. The show went really well. Crock was kind enough to give Dillon and I a ride, which greatly expedited the whole process. I managed to put everything for the fair into 3 boxes and one shopping bag. Set up was a little slow, but I didn’t feel too rushed, especially considering that the booth next to me didn’t set up until after the show had even started. This is what the display looked like. I'm set to be in the same room, but on the opposite side for Renegade. I'm also going to take my lovely, vintage orange suitcase to add some height and color to the set up. Dillon likes how it's color coordinated, but I think it needs a little something.

goodie3Within an hour of opening, Dillon had gone walking around and came back to the table asking me for nine dollars so he could buy me something. I originally asked him to wait until I sold nine dollars worth of product, but then I remembered I had a ten in my wallet. He came back with a sweet little double-sided necklace from Melty. I’ve had many compliments on it.
 
goodie1I bought a lot of Christmas presents, which for obvious reasons, can’t be displayed here, but I did make a trade for these awesome magnets for myself fromSweet Jessie. I love the little tin they come in. She had a great display too, with old suitcases and pink fuzzy trees. Trust me, it was great in execution. The most exciting thing about the fair is that a girl from 826, a writing/tutoring group in Chicago and elsewhere, wants 16 Sparrows and my products for their upcoming Private Eye store. I’ll be making “top secret” and “confidential” mini-folders for them.

To celebrate my completion of the DIY, I went shopping on Sunday, visiting my favorite book stores in walking distance: Myopic, Quimby's and Brainstorm. It's wonderful that I live in the same sphere as an amazing used bookstore, a deviant zine shop, and a comic shop/video rental store. I, again, bought gifts and I picked up a $2 grab bag at Quimby's. It was full of magazines I wanted [ReadyMade, Wallpaper] and magazines I didn't want [Girls of Lowrider], but the jewel in the bunch was that there was a copy of Jill Dorothy Summers Cohabitation. I first heard one of the stories from Cohabitation on public radio and I was thoroughly impressed by this writer/performer/composer, Jill Summers. I'm currently listening to all 5 stories and I'm really entertained. At Myopic, I finally purchased a book that I had habitually checked on to make sure that it hadn't been sold yet. And now it has, and to me! I have added it to my collection of books on lettering.
26letters
rcfholiday

4 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

The magnets are cool. Did she just shelac them to those clear pebbles? I am amazed at what people do.
mom

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Donovan Beeson said...

s- I think she used Modge Podge.

16- It was wonderful. If you enjoy clever writing and fairies, then pick up a copy!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Blogger ant said...

Thanks so much for my free gift at Renegade. I love all the stuff I bought at your booth, but can't get enough of the unicorn gift tag. awesome!

Saturday, December 16, 2006  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hi Donovan-
I just found your blog, and imagine my delight at finding a link to...me!
I loved the stationery I came away with from the trade, as well. You make awesome goodies.
Take care,
Jessie

Friday, February 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home