My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Golden Pig to the Girls of Golden Hen

For the longest time, there was a mystery in my apartment building; the “K. Egbert” mystery. My downstairs neighbor would always get the coolest magazines and deliveries. Her mailing list was so similar to Kathy’s that I jokingly remarked to Dillon that she must be just like her. My suspicions were confirmed when he ran into K. [ for Kim ] in the hall one morning and she was on her way to exhibit at Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park last September.

I still hadn’t met her, but I employed a little detective work. I’d seen mail come to “Golden Hen Press;” so I checked for it online without luck. The trail was cold until the Renegade Holiday Show when I was running around trying to look at everything and there was a sign. It said “Golden Hen Press.” Eureka!

goldenhengirlsThere were two lovely young women behind the table and I suavely asked, “Is one of you Kim Egbert?” Thus the mystery was solved and I finally met my downstairs neighbor. Turns out that she and her business partner Elaine are producing paper products, including gorgeous fine papers. This is a boring story, I know, but I like it because she lives right below me and does things that I do and I love that about Wicker Park. I keep meaning to have a proper business meeting with her and maybe set up some special papers of my own through Golden Hen.goldenhen1

They are still working on the website, but it promises to be a thing of beauty. If I find out before you do that it’s up, I’ll be sure to tag it here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Already looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing more work by Golden Hen.

Saturday, March 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home