My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Grandma Club: Meeting One



Last Saturday, Kathy, Noel and I pooled our resources [mostly Noel's resources] and had a canning party. It was a rockin' good time. Noel made roasted red, orange and yellow peppers, Kathy created cranberry orange vinegar, and I cooked up some strawberry lemon marmalade. A good time was had by all. It took us about 7 hours, but honestly, we were just gabbing for about an hour and a half at the end. The only with having 3 separate canning operations was waiting for stove space. Otherwise, everything went smoothly. I haven't tried the peppers or the vinegar yet. I'm letting them meld in their flavors for full effect. I did try the marmalade though and I'm super happy with how it turned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home