My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Coraline is coming

Recently, my friend Millie posted a fuzzy photograph of a key she found in Miami. Her photo caption only mentioned that it was a piece of marketing for an upcoming animated movie. I knew EXACTLY what movie it was from- a black metal key + button = Coraline. Coraline is based on Neil Gaiman's book of the same name and is completely handmade by the man that brought us the glorious Nightmare Before Christmas and his amazing team. Coraline is one of my favorite books and Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite movies; so I am ridiculously excited. And I wanted that key of Millie's very, very badly.coraline key 4

A couple of days later, I was catching up on things over at Mr. Gaiman's highly informative [and very frequently updated] online journal, {I dislike the word "blog"}and sure enough, he posted about the keys. His information came from one bibliogrrl in Chicago. Now, I sorta/kinda know a bibliogrrl through Etsy. I went out on a limb and sent her a message offering to trade or buy a key from her. She was kind enough to just give me one. I cannot be more grateful. I'm so happy to have this key! I cannot wait for this movie to come out. Please go to the website and watch the behind the scenes featurettes. You'll be mesmerized and amazed and stunned by wonderment. It's a fun time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you lucky lucky girl!

i can't wait for the movie either!

Saturday, January 10, 2009  
Blogger Sheila said...

That is just too cool!

Sunday, January 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home