My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

1 down and 4,978,907,098,276,408 to go

I think I’m in love with book tape. It’s so useful and simple and I don’t get spray glue all over my fingers. addressbooklibrary1When I went to Paper Source over the weekend to pick up more, they had a pack of tiny, blank address book blocks, and I just had to get them. I’m always looking for new ways to use my scraps and these small books work great. They are about the same size as a business card and I added a glassine envelope at the back which can actually hold business cards, making this a dual purpose book. It tickles all my fancies; it’s small, it’s convenient and it’s got multiple uses! Poppytalk even gave them a nod as her “Etsy Pick of the Day” which was great.

I feel like a bloggy star recently. Because of my participation in the Sampler, my name showed up over at the Naughty Secretary Club and at Enamor. Plus, a fellow Etsian did a little interview of me for their handmade finds section.

airmail book7I’ve been a very busy bookmaker lately. I’ve gotten so many requests to purchase the envelope book that I’ve set up to make 3 more. I don’t want to make them out of just an old envelopes mind you; so finding worthy envelopes is part of the process. It makes them more special I think. I’ve also made two books out of an assortment of old papers and then made covers for them out of some old airmail envelopes. I love airmail. I love it. In my eyes, there is no such thing as a bad air mail design.

In other news, if you’re a Chicago-area Etsian, there is a little get-together going to happen on Saturday, July 21st at Letizia’s Natural Bakery. We may all just be meeting there and tromping to the park; it depends on the number who show up. There’s nothing really planned to do so far as I know, it’s just a “put a face to a screen name” sort of deal. There's more info at our flickr street team page.I am looking forward to it despite my misanthropic ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home