My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pandemonium of stickers

draftpaper2I’ve found a neat, new place for paper on the internet. Pendemonium caters to the fountain pen lover and hence they carry all kinds of stationery supplies; therefore, I love them. I bought a pack of their vintage drafting paper from the drafting company Dietzgen. It is some really great stuff. Plus, when my first package didn’t arrive, they swiftly sent me out a replacement. As an internet buyer, I appreciate their understanding and as an internet retailer, I know how frustrating it can be to have to rely on the honesty of your customers. They were very kind to me and I think everyone should know it.

The paper really is quite lovely, of all different weights and colors and designs. There are some triangle ones and monthly ones and math-I-don’t-understand ones. My envelope template just barely fits on the pages, but I don’t think I’ll make a lot of envelopes out of it. I think these papers will be better used as inner pages of books and as printed stationery.

On the design front, a couple of weeks ago I came up with some new mailing labels and some mailing stickers. I’m really happy with how the stickers came out. It was nice to do some graphic design work amidst all the sewing and gluing and cutting of my normal routine.
stickers6


In other news, the envelope book that I wrote the tutorial for managed to snag me an honorable mention in the Sew Useful contest between Etsy and Instructables. Congratulations to all the winners and be sure to check out the other entries. There’s some really cool stuff on there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received my order of the new stickers and labels a few days ago--LOVE them!! The handmade envelopes are *gorgeous* and I'm having lots of fun with the buttons.

I also placed an order with PodPost and Pendemonium based on your recommendations; you were absolutely right about both!

Sunday, August 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh...I would be remiss if I didn't let you know I absolutely love your blog. I adore gorgeous office supplies and your blog and work are full of them. I'll be marking you as a favorite...okay off to go check out your Etsy shop! :-)

Cheers,
Michelle

Monday, August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home